banner 2

Yeah.. That's the way we do it~

Friday, November 16, 2007

Shocking~~~~!!

*WARNING : Longest post ever.. All words..

I've been selected.. WTF~! I'm shocked to death.. [>.<] Okay you might not know what i'm talking about. A few days ago, my mom asked me to join this young writers workshop. Didn't want to but since she asked so "NICELY", i thought of just simply giving it a go. One of the conditions was to write an essay about yourself, your family, aspirations, inspirations, likes and dislikes. I didn't write it until the last two hours of the deadline. haha.. And i can feel that it's sucky!
BUT I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT I WAS SELECTED... OMG~!! HOW? WHY?


Anyways, here's what i wrote..

Hi, there. Frankly speaking, I don’t know what I’m going to write. See, essays to me have always been like exam material, so I’ve never written anything for other purposes except fanfiction. If this was an essay for SPM, I think I’d most probably fail because I’ve got nothing in my head. I’ve been starring blankly at the monitor for quite some time now and I’ve came up with the definition to write whatever I want to write. I know, it sounds rude but other than that, I don’t know how to write it.

Me, how to describe me? Basically I think anything negative involves me. I’m lazy, a last-minute person, irresponsible at times and live by quotes such as “Never do today’s work when you can do it tomorrow.” and “Never do thing yourself when others can do it for you.” Yeah, this is me. I’m 16 right now and I assure you this year has definitely been my honeymoon year. I sleep when the teachers are teaching, I eat in the classroom, I play limbo in class and what else, skip chemistry. I think barely anyone in my family knows this side of me. Somehow, I give my relatives an impression that I’m a very good, smart, obedient kind of girl but I’m obviously the opposite.

Me and my brother somehow share some of the negative characteristics above and we’re both the total opposites of our parents. The age gap between us siblings is eleven years and there’s definitely advantages and disadvantages. I admit that I get spoiled by my parents and brother and also being ordered around by them but naturally it all balances out nicely. My parents have always been very supportive and loving. When ever I join activities like competitions they’d always give me a 100% support. I don’t think I would be able to live comfortably and happily if it wasn’t for them.

Talking about inspirations and aspirations, well actually it never came across my mind before. I’m practically a lost-soul seeking for help and guidance. There are some who already have their mind set on their future ambition but not me. I still haven’t found anything that would suit my character. You could say that I take my own sweet time? Maybe.

Likes. People who know me will definitely know what I like because it’s very obvious. I mostly like Japanese things. If you ask me why, I’d say that it’s because their unique. Fashion styles like visual-kei, oshare-kei, decora, spunk, ganguro and lolita are well, different from what you would usually see. My music interest also jumps to Japanese songs. Has anyone tried listening to Jrock song? Or maybe even Jpop songs? Love it! Dislikes. I hate people asking me stupid questions. Example, in situations like when I get caught in the rain from walking to the LRT and taking the taxi to go home in dripping wet condition, the taxi driver asks me “ Was it raining in town?” This deliberately agitates me because it’s obvious that it rained that’s why I’m wet! I hope you understand what I mean.

I guess that concludes my essay. It feels more like a story. I forgot one important thing which is my name. I’m Alison. Nice to meet you. I actually proved that I’m really a last-minute person. I’m writing this during the last hour of the deadline. Well, have a good night. For me, the night is still young. I’m what they call, “seishun” meaning youth.


There.. I think no one reads my blog except a few.. but blahhh!! whatever!! I'm still shocked!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails